Turkish Business Person (Ankara Agreement) Visa
The Turkish Businessperson Visa is a unique UK visa option for Turkish citizens only who want to come to the UK to set up a new business or help run an established business. Known as the Ankara Agreement this visa option stems from the European Community Association Agreement between Turkey and the EU and the old provisions in force in 1973 when the UK joined the EU still apply to all applications.
- The TBPV is the most appropriate and least complex option with regards to compliance and requirements for Turkish citizens looking to relocate and start their own business.
- No limit on capital for starting a business.
- No language requirements. Only evidence that the applicant can communicate in English Language at a level convenient to operate the business in the UK.
- Can obtain a British Passport after 6 years of staying in the UK.
- Applicant not required to employ staff during the starting phase of the business.
Your initial visa will be granted for a period of 12 months.
Pre-Brexit Transition : Before the 31st December 2020, you can apply for an extension, which is normally granted for a period of 3 years. You can then make further extension applications if you so wish before the expiry of your 3 year visa. After residing in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years, you will be eligible to apply to stay in the UK indefinitely, otherwise known as settlement or indefinite leave to remain.
Post-Brexit Transition : In light of the fact that the UK has opted to leave the European Union, it will no longer be bound by the terms of the Ankara Agreement. Therefore, any applications and/ or renewals or extensions under this visa application scheme will only be available until 31st December 2020. That being said, the UK government is currently seeking to make a new agreement with the Turkish government to resolve this matter. As such, we cannot guarantee a visa renewal under the current process. We will, however, do our best to assist you in extending your visa after 31st December 2020 under any new agreement put in place by the UK government or alternatively assist you in transitioning to another business visa. Please contact us if you require these additional services before the expiry of your initial visa.
- Establish and run your own business;
- Undertake voluntary work;
- Study, as long as it does not interfere with the business; and
- Bring your spouse/ unmarried partner and your children under the age of 21 (under certain circumstances).
- Take paid employment; or
- Receive public funds.
Turkish Citizenship By Investment Programme
If you are not a Turkish Citizen, you could first consider the Turkish Citizenship & Residency Programme which grants residency, citizenship and a second passport to individuals investing either in real estate, shares or a bank deposit in Turkey.
Why Choose Us:
The GCH is considered the international ‘gold standard’ for business investment and will meet your aims of owning and managing a successful enterprise and migrating to the UK.
Our dedicated advisors will assist with:
Find Out More
To find out more about our Turkish Business Person (Ankara Agreement) Visa services or to join the GCH, please contact us by